#The_Notebook_2

Today, I think I'll write another draft for a surfing essay instead of doing a writing exercise.



At first, the waves are incomprehensible. Going into the ocean is like exploring the unknown, walking through the jungle or entering a foreign galaxy. I fall. However, I gradually learn the laws of physics. I see the physics in waves, and understand that there is logic in them. Now understanding, I let myself ride the waves in harmony. I do not conquer the waves, but follow their rhythm. We coexist in harmony. The important thing: I enjoy the whole process. Happy, I decide to move to a new surf spot next time. And repeat the same process.


 When I looked over my shoulder, or rather, peaked through dripping seaweed hair, the wave's crest was the darkest I had ever seen.
Read the waves.
As Jon Kabat-Zinn said, "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf."

notes:

hit the water

crucial moment
pivot your board in the same direction of the wave
and paddle to match its speed
board creates an angle with the water
creates a dynamic force
increased forward momentum makes you more stable
stable
fins allow to alter your speed and change position

crest
water particles in creates acceleration.
shoot ahead before crashing

curl completely enclose, creates barrel

irregularity of swell and bottom contour


time passing differently inside

refract waves, concentrating energy
waves travel more than a week, for 1000 kilometers
tectonic geology, fluid mechanics

waves one visible part of the continuous oscillation of energy

fun and sun

"Then, after I've gotten rid of Batman and Robin for good, I will rule the waves. Me, the Joker, king of the surf and all the surfers. Then, Gotham City! Later, the world!"
~ The Joker, Batman season 3


learn to read waves

get in and wrestle with the sea

"Go strip off your clothes that are a nuisance in this mellow clime. Get in and wrestle with the sea; wing your heels with the skill and power that reside in you, hit the sea's breakers, master them, and ride upon their backs as a king should."
~ Jack London



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review on Arkangel, Black Mirror

Big Graduation Mischief

Self Reflection Essay: To kill a bee – first aid kit